Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Weekday Road Riding

This has been a pretty good week so far! I often take Mondays off, this week was no different. A recovery day after a bunch of mountain biking on the weekend is a good thing.

Tuesday I did a nice easy lunch ride with the wife and one of the guys from work. The pace was very casual as I held back and chatted with George. Actually, to be completely honest, he wasn’t chatting so much as gasping. Today he told me that his brain didn’t process most of what I said due to oxygen debt. In any case, I was at conversational pace. It was a nice ride, the weather was great. I do wish that our air quality would pick up. The smog has been kind of nasty lately.

Today I decided that Allison and I would ride the same route but I would hit it hard. I went all in a few times and was left waiting for Allison at the top of every climb. My legs feel strong and my cardiovascular system was keeping up nicely. Just another beautiful day in Socal.

I have been debating whether or not I should race Mt. SAC. I really want to go race and test my fitness, Bonelli was such a huge disappointment. At the same I don’t want to spend the money on the entry fee. Money isn’t super tight for us right now, but every bit I save is money that can be put toward Allison’s “XC Assault ‘09”. I think maybe I will just go and drink a beer and cheer for her. I need to get used to doing that!

So Happy It’s Thursday tomorrow! Looking forward to using the lights!

1 comment:

Luke said...

woohoo!! it's almost thursday!