Thursday, October 30, 2008

I'm not complaining...

Just saying.

Can anyone explain to me why it is that when I feel I am reaching new heights in physical fitness I seem to always wind up with a new ache or pain? It really is bothersome.

The knee is still not 100%, it is quite painful to crouch down or kneel and it still feels a bit "loose" when moving about. I don't know if it is related or not, but now my Achilles on the same leg is inflamed, swollen, and painful. I hate taking pills and just did a Vitamin I regimen for the knee, so I am not going to do more of that. I so wanted a nice race at Mt. SAC, as redemption for the last couple of races, and now it looks like I will be plagued with pain. I am most worried about that horrid hike-a-bike and how my Achilles is going to feel on that section. On the bright side it is hard to imagine it being much worse than the cramps I suffered through on the last lap last year. I am so displeased.

On a positive note, this week has been nice with a hard effort on the lunch ride on Tuesday, and a nice easy ride yesterday at lunch. Best of all, tonight is the night I look forward to all week, I get to play in the dirt. So Happy It's Thursday! I will try to restrain myself this evening though, I really don't want to aggravate my injuries more.

As though I didn't already complain enough in this post...

My manager is trying to ruin my Thursday happiness. He scheduled a meeting until 4:30pm today. I usually try to leave between 4 and 4:15 so that we can get over to the trail head by 5pm. CRAPPY!! Doesn't he know that I won't be any good in a "Brainstorming" meeting when my brain is occupied with images of lizards and kangaroo rats scurrying in front of my HID? meh.

No comments: