Thursday, July 31, 2008

And I thought Red was fast...

Tang is way faster! (Especially with red bling on it!)

Today was my first ride on the new frame. I was hesitant. I thought maybe the Scandium (in case you don't know it is just a slightly different alloy of Aluminum) frame would ride harsh.

I don't know whether the great ride was due to one particular component but man is this a great bike! It is wicked fast and didn't feel harsh at all. Some of this may be due to the Easton carbon seatpost... don't really know. Maybe at some point I will have to try a Thompson post to compare.

I did have some issues with the seatpost slipping down. I hope that I can get this squared away. It was slipping downward pretty fast. I am going to do some research and find out what others have done to combat this.

I also had a near disaster on a 3' drop to flat. I have done this drop quite a few times on a couple different bikes and it isn't too bad... untill your handlebars rotate on the landing! Man I almost lost it! Scary! I am always nervous tightening down on the carbon bars. Well not anymore. On the way home we stopped at Sears and picked up a really nice beam-type torque wrench and a few 3/8" drive allen wrenches. Now I can finally apply the specified torque! :) HOORAY.

Since we spent all night packing up and getting ready to leave in the morning for vacation none of the pictures I took today of the new bike are uploaded. It will just have to wait till we get back. I can't wait to be camping at high elevation and riding! 12,000ft here we come! YEEEEHAAAAAAAAA!

No comments: