Friday, January 9, 2009

Ridin and Wrenchin

So life has been pretty hectic.

I have been working (duh), analyzing piles of training data, riding, and wrenching on Allison's new race bike.

Is it just me or does it seem like I shouldn't be having to spend a ton of time wrenching on a brand new bike out of the box? The cool thing is that the bike is wicked light, and feels mega fast.

Some things still need changed/modified before she can race it, but at 22lbs with pedals and bottle cage I am very happy.

The suspension is amazing on this thing. The range of adjustablity on the "Brain" is huge, from full on plush to rigid. I think having suspension that locks when it should and opens up when you hit stuff should make it easier on Allison to just worry about pedaling hard and killing the competition. I also hope that having some cush helps her go as fast as the HT crowd. We will see how it all works out.

Special thanks to Matt and IE Bikes for helping us out! IE Bikes is a great little shop and if you have the opportunity, stop in and say "Hi" to Matt and his gang. Make sure you give Ben, the tattoo'd kid, some solid harassment.

No comments: