Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Too much good stuff!

Yesterday's road ride was awesome...


View Big Loop Around Diamond Valley And Skinner in a larger map

The wind coming back through wine country was killing me though. I didn't have much go juice left. Funny how energizing it is though when you finally get back on familiar roads and you know that the 3+ hr ride is close to ending! :)

I am trying to get back into the swing of training. So far so good! I feel totally fresh today which seems strange after a ride like that (and how tired I was last night at 10 o'clock when I finally took a breather). I suspect that our eating habits are playing a significant role in that. Hopefully after the next week or so I will be able to look up while on the bike and not have to fight to get back into Allison's slipstream! :) (what little of it there is!)

Things are super hectic, but quite good. Kinda screwed up I think, Allison and I cooked way too much food last night and now have filled our entire refrigerator with leftovers. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but right now it means we need to pack them all up and take them with us on our little "Year End Adventure."

Tomorrow we will be heading out on the road for the next week or so. I will make sure to snap a photo of the rack setup fully loaded. The Black Max is going to look like a freight train with the moto and 4 bikes behind it! I am stoked though, it is really gratifying when I get to design and fabricate stuff again. Never get enough of that at work...

4 comments:

Ryan Weeger said...

i think its time you get on attackpoint! youre back, time to join the club!

Luke said...

looking forward to the tail gunner vantage of the black max! that thing is going to turn some heads heading down the road.

Unknown said...

Weeger... I don't think I will. I don't need the glaring reminder that I don't put in enough hours to compete. I think I might pay for a Training Peaks subscription though. I kinda like their latest stuff.

Unknown said...

Luke... I was worried about drawing the attention of the fuzz. Hopefully it just gets some long looks!