Monday, December 21, 2009

So nice to be back!

Saturday we headed over to OC to support the Hunger Ride put on by Rock N' Road. We brought some cans and boxed dry goods to donate to the cause then rolled out with a huge group of roadies.



Since Allison didn't like the idea of riding the MTB's I figured it would be best to stay with the lead group. There were some seriously big motors on tap like Brandon who won State Champs (MTB) by a significant margin.



I did my best to keep my nose out of the wind and conserve energy, but wound up popping off the back of the group. I was stoked for Allison as she managed to stay on for the whole ride. Not an easy task and she was the only female to stay with the leaders, so proud!

After the ride we ran a bunch of errands and I finished wiring up the lights on my new moto rack. I have yet to load it all up with bikes and moto, I'll post a picture of it when we head to the desert in a few days. I am stoked though that I can now load all our camping gear into the truck with the moto and 4 bikes on back! SWEET!

Saturday we put in some hours on the MTBs. We met Steph and Dan and did a bunch of loops in Daley Ranch. It was great to see them!



Unfortunately my time away from riding has not only hurt my ability to hang with a pack of roadies, it has also really hurt my ability to power through obstacles and technical climbing. Allison and I both did some repeats on some steep/technical climbing. Hopefully it comes back quick with some work.



Droning out silly Z2 work or doing "Wish I could just die now" intervals are so much less fun than this! :)



On a much brighter note, I don't think my descending has suffered too much with the time off. :)



Maybe it was just the jersey that was helping me out... :)



I have a long ways to come back to where I was at this past season but I look forward to the challenge. Keeping up with the wife is a tall order, but I am going to do my best to Mann up!

It is going to be a long few days before we start year end shut-down. This place is a ghost town!

No comments: