Monday, April 13, 2009

Training, Fueling...

I don't think I do anything else!

Saturday's plan was to pre-ride the Idyllwild Spring Challenge course. The weather put the smack down on us though. It was cold and raining (38 degrees with scattered showers/drizzle) with snow on the ground and we were frozen 1hr into the ride. It was a huge disappointment to call the ride. We were very bummed out.

Luckily I drove down to Beyond Bikes with Luke to check out their Spring event (free food and drink!), pick up his replacement for the broken Kona, and then slip in a hard workout before heading home. It was awesome! I got an opportunity to talk to Jason First (Crankbrothers) and then hammer with Luke. We were positively FLYING out there and the conditions were PERFECT! Funny, afterward we realized that I had never ridden with Luke solo. Allison was always there. I guess I ride a bit differently when she isn't around. :)

Sunday Allison and I went back to Daley Ranch for another fast paced ride before doing the BBQ thing.

Training...





Fueling...



and as if a Turkey Buck Burger wasn't enough...



what a great dessert!

Is it wrong that I am already on the edge of my seat anticipating Sea Otter this weekend? :)

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

jameson said...

those burgers look killer!!

it sounds like you guys had a great weekend. I am right there with you... sea otter is going to be blast!

when are you guys hitting the road?

Luke said...

those were some big ass burgers bro! good stuff!

Justin said...

we will be leaving thurs afternoon. can't wait!