Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Strange Place

I had lots of stuff all typed up because I wanted to keep a record of what is going on with me right now, but decided it best not to share with the whole world. Suffice it to say that I am in a very weird place right now.

Haven't ridden my XC race bike since the Rim Nordic race a few weeks ago. I can't see how that bodes well for my racing ventures in the near future, but there isn't much that I can do with work and life. Lots of road riding. I think that probably contributes to the weirdness. Allison's issues of late have certainly had an effect on both of us.

I am looking forward to racing back east. I keep wondering how even the competition is across the country for CAT1. I have a good idea as to where I stack up on the west side (top 1/3 of my AG with a few top 5's) and placed similarly in Colorado. I had looked forward to the prospect of the Unification race in Vegas...

Maybe the whole date/venue change there is contributing to the weirdness! I need to get over that.

...and the prospect of racing new people. I will definitely not be racing the same guys in VT and NY!! I will also get to see family and stuff, haven't been to my childhood home town in like 16 years!

Anyway, here are a couple roadie pics from the last couple of days for color.






It's hump day. :/

1 comment:

jameson said...

i hope things are good dude... and the weirdness turns to awesomeness soon. any weekends epics in the plans?