Monday, November 10, 2008

Tomorrow, tomorrow,

A day off, tomorrow! (great now I will have Annie tunes stuck in my head all day)

A huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my favorite riding partner in the whole world! She turns 28 tomorrow and we will be out riding in the dirt to celebrate.

This weekend was pretty good! Saturday we rode a new route on the road bikes. We have named this route after the steeper than hell (25%) grade in the middle, Los Gatos. We rode the route “backwards” so that we were descending Los Gatos, but I fully intend to ride it the other way in the very near future. It is almost like mountain biking when you find a road route that is so hard you don’t know if you can “clean” it! How cool is that!?!?! The route itself is 28 miles and took us almost 2 hrs at a pretty mellow pace.

After this early morning ride we headed over to the motocross track in Lake Elsinore. My good friend Brian was racing his quad and we went over there to cheer him on. After his race one of his first comments to me was, “So when do you get one?” I have to admit that all motorsports have a certain allure for me, I am certain it has something to do with the fact that I am such an engiNERD, but I won’t be getting one any time soon. I simply don’t have the time or money to put toward a new hobby, but more importantly a move like that would precipitate another decline in my physical fitness. I really do struggle with being a fat ass, I am not sure introducing another “lazy” sport would help me with that. It was however awesome to cheer for my friend and see him kicking some ass, way to go Brian!!!!





Saturday night we drove out to the desert (Palm Desert) and had a great dinner with cake at Allison’s mom’s place.



Sunday was a pretty cool ride. We got up early and fought a driving headwind all the way to Palm Springs. The wind was positively brutal! The coolest part was on the way back we were hardly pedaling and going FAST! Lots of fun!




No comments: